7865 Locust Place is a rare offering. This all brick home in Port Tobacco, MD is approximately 35 miles South of Washington, DC. This home is in a the epitome of stately elegance, with a dramatic focal point in the large Formal Entry. Positioned perfectly in a cul-de-sac of the prestigious and pristine Locust Grove Estates, this home is an entertainer's dream. A lovely single family, detached residence that sits on 3.75 immaculate acres. The large circular drive coupled with a 3 car garage allows for approximately 23 parking spaces. This home offers an impressive 10,400 square feet of living space within 3 levels . The eat-in Kitchen has a grand Island, double oven, cooktop, and a wall of windows overlooking the luxurious in-ground pool w/automatic cover. Adjacent to the kitchen is a wonderful screened porch with a pool view. The Formal Dining Room has hardwood floors, (2) sets of French doors, and a wall of windows as well with a picturesque front yard view. The Great Room features cathedral ceilings, crown molding, an all stone wood-burning fireplace, hard wood floors, huge ceiling to floor windows , and access to the rear patio and deck, overlooking the pool. Beyond the great room is the all glass enclosed sunroom. The Library has a marble wood burning fireplace, extensive trim work, built in shelves, recessed lighting, as well as plenty of natural light . The Primary Bedroom has hardwood floors, walk-in closets, a wood burning fireplace, skylights, a connecting Bathroom with a walk-in shower ,double sinks, soaking tub, and a deck overlooking the pool. On the 3rd level there is a large private room and bathroom with a walk in closet, skylights and recessed lighting. There are a total of 7 large Bedrooms (one of which is on the main level) with ceiling fans and skylights. Each of the 6.5 Bathrooms has custom tile. The open Lower Level features luxury carpeting throughout, this is a basement apartment with a separate entrance, kitchen, Bonus Room, 2 Laundry Rooms( there is a 2nd laundry room on the upper level) and an extraordinary amount of storage. Plenty of storage available throughout the many closets. Additional features include a water filtration system, sump pump, multiple HVAC units, outdoor lighting that illuminates the home at night and professionally designed landscaping. This level also has room for expansion and/or more storage w/ a huge floored walk-in attic. This home has an elegant classic flare to comfortably host weddings and special events, yet still encompasses a genuine warm family feel. No HOA This special residence is ready to welcome you home. ***SHOWN BY APPOINTMENT w/ 24 hour notice though. Please provide Lender Pre approval or Proof of Funds for Cash Buyers prior to scheduling. Adhere to COVID-19 protocol. Please limit to 3 people max during showing. Wear a mask, use provided hand sanitizer and shoe coverings (or remove shoes). Buyers must be accompanied by agents at all times. Please provide feedback. Again, thank you for showing
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial
6 Full/1 Half
Softener Own, Sump Pump, Electric Water Heater, We
10,409 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Locust Grove Estates
Cable TV, Electric service available, Onsite Telephone
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Foyer, Florida Room, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- Hookups in Basement
- 2nd Kitchen, Eat-In Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Electric Dryer, Gas Dryer, Energy Star Appliance(S), Exhaust Fan/Hood, Ice Maker, Intercom System, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Appliance Center, Washer, Refrigerator, Microwave, Single Oven
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump, Central.
- Full Finished, Entrance Outside, Space For Rooms, Walkout Stairs
- Double Pane, Skylights, Screened
- 3. Wood-burning, Stone, Fireplace Screen.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, 9Ft+ Ceilings, High Ceiling, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway, Lighted, Private.
- Balcony, Deck, Brick, Roof Deck, Screened-in
- Composition Shingle, Fiberglass
- Pool Description
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard, Trees. Backs To Trees, Cul-De-Sac, Front Yard, Landscaping, Poolside, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S), Trees/Wooded.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price